Tuesday, August 18, 2009

We're going to the Temple!

Two days from now, Elder Bullock and I will rise at 3 am to start our amazing journey to the Dominican Republic Temple with 25 Guyanese who have never even seen a temple. We will be gone for 8 days, which means we'll be in the DR for 6 days.

We will all be attending the temple all day every day the temple is open while we are there to complete the temple work for the members of our group and for their deceased family members.

Everyone that is going is thrilled that they are the ones that are getting this special opportunity. Of course, we've been to the temple many times, but going with a group this size for their first time and being with them as they fulfill the dream of a lifetime is almost too much for me to take in.

I have no pictures, yet, but you can bet when I get home, I'll have a slug of them. You'll have to watch for them on this blog.

Right now I'm trying to imagine how the various members of this group are feeling. I'm wondering if they are able to sleep these days as our departure date gets closer and their excitement builds. Many thought they'd never have this opportunity. The temple is so far and the fare for the flight is so out of their reach. And, yet, they are going to the temple!

Thanks to all of you that helped them make this trip to the temple happen for them!

Good night, and I think I'll try to sleep!

4 comments:

Jason and Diana said...

i am so excited for you. i can't wait to hear all about it. we will be going to the temple with lindsi and trevor about the same time! cool!! i'll be thinking of you!

Dave and Tauna said...

We are so excited! What a great experience you all are going to have.

Sharon said...

Wow - what a great experience. Can't wait to hear all the great stories as a result of this trip.

Little Star said...

It definitely makes me appreciate the proximity of our temple here at home!!!!