Thursday, June 4, 2009

Arrival Day Celebration

"What a cutie she is!" That's what I thought when I saw her.
From 2009-05-15


Eight of us senior missionaries took off the morning to go to the celebration of the arrival of the first group of indentured servants from India. We found a large crowd of Guyanese East Indians gathering, many who were dressed in beautiful jeweled outfits. We spent about 4 hours getting to and from the celebration and waiting for it to be begin. We about lost our hearing because the speakers were so loud!

I got bored waiting and began to take photos of those around me. These women were seated behind me and we quickly became friends. They even shared their cookies with us.
From 2009-05-15


The smiles of this couple were as beautiful as their outfits!
From 2009-05-15


When I saw this bright orange outfit, I politely asked the woman to stand so I could snap a photo of her. She was very obliging!
From 2009-05-15


Here's my pretty little girl in green, once again. I especially love this color green with their brown, brown skin. There are some very beautiful Guyanese East Indian women and girls!
From 2009-05-15


We were only able to see the first 2 dance numbers before it was time for us to leave. There were 35 more dance numbers listed on the program.

I think I was the only one of our group who was disappointed to leave. Surely, Elder Bullock was cheering!

As we were leaving, we saw this mother and daughter arriving. The mother was quite the babe.
From 2009-05-15

No comments: