Monday, December 8, 2008

Pedicures and Polish

I wonder if you can you tell what we were doing in the photo below?




We had just had our feet washed in tubs of soapy water, rubbed with cream and our toenails painted with designs.



Check out the variety of feet color. I bet you can't tell which foot is mine. Well, maybe you can because I happen to be holding the camera!



For Relief Society Enrichment we had what we called, a "Pedicure and Polish" day. We had 25 ladies come...twice as many as we'd had for any other Enrichment meeting and everyone stayed until their toenails were done and my homemade chocolate cake was served.



Here is tiny Cavita.



She and Amelia were the pros at designing our toes.



Here is part of our group who were either getting their feet bathed and toenails polished or were patiently awaiting their turn.



I have to admit, it was my first pedicure by anyone other than myself and my toes looked pretty good! Here's what my leftie looks like today...three weeks later.



Now, move with me to the carport area of our apartment where we were having a special farewell party for Amelia who was moving to the island of St. Maarten the next day. In the background, you can see through my kitchen door into the open bathroom. If you look closely you can even see the lid of the toilet which is up. It's a great place for the toilet, wouldn't you say, ...right in perfect view of the front door!


Amelia is at the very back of the table, dressed in a red top. She was baptized about 6 months ago and has been very committed and active in our branch ever since. She is another of my really close friends.

We went around the table and each said why we loved Amelia. Amelia was so happy for this little party. She said it was the first time anyone had ever done anything like that for her.


Here we are after we brought out the food! I had baked two homemade pizzas covered with sliced hot dogs, bacon and sliced green olives. Sound crazy? Try it if you don't have pepperoni, sausage, ham or any of the normal things one puts on your pizza.



It must have been good because I turned my head for what seemed like 2 seconds and both pans were emptied. No one was at all timid about seeing they got their fare share...and some!

No comments: