Friday, November 14, 2008

2008 baptisms in 2008

Can you imagine one mission baptizing 2008 people in the year 2008?

Neither could we but the West Indies Mission is well on their way to reaching that goal by year's end.With elders as hardworking and as darling as these two traveling elders, of course it can and will happen.

Elder Hyde is on the left with his companion, Elder Lauritzen. Elder Hyde is just finishing his extended mission and I think he's flying home today. We'll miss his hearty appetite, quick wit and especially his enthusiasm for missionary work.

Guyana is where most of the baptizing in our mission is happening. We have baptisms all over our zone of 10 elders every week. Here's a couple that happened just last week.


Elder Lee, who is brand new to the mission field, is in the font with Alan just after Alan's baptism. Cliff is watching. He was just baptized but jumped out of the font too quickly for me to get his photo.


I was able to coax Cliff back into the font for a 'group' baptism shot. These boys are about 15 or 16.

Elder Green, Elder Lee's trainer, is behind the font.

The funny thing about these 2 boys is that they came to their baptism service completely wet. They couldn't wait to get into the font so they jumped into it before the service began just to test out the water!

3 comments:

Jeri Pettingill said...

Sister Bullock,
You share wonderful descriptions and photos of life in Guyana. I especially enjoyed learning about the men's employment. I'm going to recommend that all of my grandchildren learn about Guyana by reading your blog on Sunday afternoon.
Sister Pettingill

Ken Hoglund said...

AMAZING!!! No I really can't believe what that would be like after serving in the Canary Islands.

Emily said...

HI Bro & Sis Bullock!!!! I found you :) So glad to see you and things are well.
I found Diana on facebook and she sent me your blog. We are having our 2nd this January. (girl)

Big hugs and much love!
-Emily (saxey)