Wednesday, April 9, 2008

A bunch of whiteys?

When general conference was over in the Canje chapel, someone told me the truck had arrived to take the members of the New Amsterdam Branches back to New Amsterdam and said, "Come ride with us!"

I took one look at this truck, that is set up to carry 60 cane cutters to the cane fields every work day, and I quickly called out to Burt, "I'll meet you at home." I wasn't going to miss out riding in this big crazy truck!

You can see the elders all racing to take their seats on the truck.I put away my camera...
and raced to get a seat. When we arrived back to New Amsterdam, it was dark and I posed for a photo with a couple of my friends that had been laughing as we rode, saying, "I can't believe we're riding in this cane cutters truck with a bunch of whiteys!" That would mean the elders ...and me!

1 comment:

:p said...

I love it! Robin, you are always full of adventure. I am so jealous of the opportunity. Wish I could be out there with you guys. Love you guys and love the postings, they brighten my day every time.