Saturday, November 21, 2009

All duded up!

Meet some of the members of Point Fortin branch as they arrived at what was advertised as a fireside in San Fernando, a ward building that is a one-hour ride from their home. Wow, look how fancy they all look!

From Nov2009


As you may have noticed, most are wearing new dresses for the occasion. Even Frank, our rasta man, in the back has new duds on.

Unfortunately, the satelite broadcast of the fireside never worked and these members from Point Fortin were the only ones to show up.

What's the saying, "All dressed up with nowhere to go?". I'm thinking that is how they were feeling.

So, on their way back home, they soothed their disappointment with a stop at KFC for some fried chicken and fries.

Speaking of being all dressed up, notice the drastic change in Frank, our rasta man with the dreadlocks who was baptized nearly one month ago. In the photo below he has just returned from church and he is looking like a real gentleman, wouldn't you say?

From Nov2009


As for the next trio of elders, they were all in need of haircuts and I happen to have some hair clippers, a necessity for all couple missionaries.

Elder Lang was the first to don my flowered skirt as a drape and trust me to trim away his locks.

If you notice the hair on his lap, you'll realize his haircut is finished.

From Nov2009


Now it's Elder Vance's turn.
From Nov2009


Elder Powers was the last. Is he looking skeptacle or is he sneering at me because he has to wear my flowered skirt? Hmm, I'll have to think about that one.

From Nov2009


By the third haircut I was feeling a little bored of cutting hair so decided to see how I could liven things up. "Yes," I thought, "I'll just start by cutting it in a mohawk. Why not?"

From Nov2009


All is well that ends well. It looks like they're all happy and satisfied with their haircuts.
From Nov2009


They'd better be...they were free!

2 comments:

Dave and Tauna said...

Those are the best looking free haircuts I have ever seen!

Erin said...

Man, you'll have to teach me! I tried learning on YouTube but LeRand hasn't given me a chance to test my skills yet, ha! Those missionaries are the luckiest to have you two (and I'll bet they love you almost as much as we do)!