Sunday, May 17, 2009

Jordan’s Young Women’s Project

Another box of clothes from home…this time from Jordan one of the young women in our ward in Lake Oswego, Oregon.

From 2009-04-10Random

Everything was so carefully packed…just like a can of tasty sardines.

I want you all to know that we love giving out the clothes you send. I sort them into piles and place them on the bed in our spare room according to size so I can choose who I will give what.

Sometimes on Sunday morning before church, the elders will call to see if we have an outfit or shoes for a specific child to wear to church…because they have nothing to wear. Last week, after one of these calls, I noticed a cute little girl in primary, wearing the outfit I had given to the elders just before church. I know it was one of the dresses that Jordan sent but I couldn't get her photo.

I don’t remember exactly which items were in Jordan's boxes but here are a few more photos of children wearing clothes that some of you have sent.

I hope Jordan recognizes some of what she sent in these photos.



We visited this family and the one in the next photo and took them each a pile of clothes for the children to try on. I told them each to choose about 3 outfits from what I had brought.



This little guy was especially thrilled with this pair of shorts. I thought they were too big for him, but he cinched the waist up with a belt and insisted they were perfect for him!



I happened to notice these 3 little dollies at church were all wearing clothes we had brought to them, so I grabbed my camera quickly!

Jillian is the little one in the middle with the huge grin. When we went to her home with a pile of clothes for her to try on, she danced all over the room with each outfit I handed her to try on. She absolutely loved this poofy yellow dress.


From 2009-02-11TempleGoersEtc

There's Jillian, again, with that big grin!

Everytime I go to church, I see many persons in the audience, both children and adults, wearing the beautiful clothes that many of you have sent.


From 2009-02-11TempleGoersEtc

The following photo is of Travis as he tried on the suit jacket and tie brought by Elder Dayton's parents when they came to the mission to pick up their son. You can see his parents looking on from the doorway.


From 2009-02-11TempleGoersEtc

And, then...


From 2009-02-11TempleGoersEtc

Here he was with his family the next Sunday at General Conference...all decked out in his new duds!


From 2009-02-11TempleGoersEtc

Just look at how their baby, Janellie, has grown!


Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

No comments: