Monday, March 16, 2009

Wuh oppen dere?

It's "What happened there?" for those of you who aren't Guyanese!

Ting mash in! (Thing mash in!)


From 2009-03-15JadeBassoo


Actually, I stepped in some really soft mud that had just been scooped by a big machine with a long arm that scoops mud from the trenches and dumps it in various places. This had been dumped right on the wide pathway in front of all the houses in Cow Dam so there was nowhere else to walk but right on it. Some of it had dried and hardened but if you weren't careful enough you might hit a very soft spot and sink...which I did almost to the knee with one of my legs.

The Elders who were with us yelled, "Wait a minute, I've got to get a picture of this!"


From 2009-03-15JadeBassoo

When I was finally able to pull my stuck leg from the slimy black mud (with a lot of help), this is what my foot looked like.

Gross! And I think my hairdo looks even grosser!!!!

2 comments:

QueenLeilani said...

this is a great picture! hahaha...definitely something you can always look back at and laugh at. Muddy feet! lol

-Arlene =)

Barb said...

You look wonderful except for the foot. My son David is headed your way....thanks for the blog...I will be your most advid reader.