Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Visiting inside...

With a smile on his face and a Book of Mormon in his hand, this man looks good!



I just thought I'd share a little of the families that live inside these little homes. We love to go visiting and to share Family Home Evening with them.


All these families have been baptized recently, and we ask them if we can plan a family home evening for them. They are always eager for us to come. This is Walter and Rawattie with their 2 daughters.

At the end of the evening, we try to remember to take a group photo by setting the camera across the room to flash automatically. In order to get the group to smile, I have to tell them all to look just a little crazy. I think I myself overdo the craziness at times. I finally got a smile out of Willana but not Alex!

We taught this family, the Bahadurs, all about temples and you can see they are each coloring a drawing of the Salt Lake Temple. The two little boys in front are identical twins.


Two more members of this family are scheduled to be baptized in the next few weeks...the older brother and father. Then, the family will be complete as members of the church.


Here is Jade's little spontaneous birthday party. We dropped by with a cake, a present and the elders. We couldn't get a smile or anything from her. We each went around the circle and told her what we loved about her. She continued to sit with a long face.

Later, she told me it was the first time anyone had ever done anything for her on her birthday or given her a present. Under the circumstances, she did not know how to act.


As we walked to Jade's house, I was trying my best to avoid the mud and keep my feet clean. You can see how well I did. I had to wash my feet off in the trench water before I could enter the house. Thank heavens for trenches!

Here are the photos from our New Amsterdam branch activity last Monday.


This is the little lawn at the side of the church. The children are playing dodgeball.
I lined them up by height so we could divide them into 2 teams. The blue building at the back is the New Amsterdam chapel.

Here they are playing Dog and Bone. It is a pretty fun game for a big group.


More Dog and Bone.

The adults played dominoes at 4 tables set up inside the building.

We had about 85 at our activity. Dad and I planned it about 24 hours before the party was to begin at 4 pm Mon. With the help of the Relief Society president and the elders, we were able to quickly invite everyone. I baked lots of cookies, brownies and a chocolate cake. Dad bought 8 pineapples and a huge load of bananas and that was our refreshments. Not a crumb of anything was left over!

It was a huge success...even though it was all prepared at the very last minute!

2 comments:

Jason and Diana said...

looks like heaven to me. thanks for sharing all the great photos with us. i can tell that you are having amazing experiences and adventures. i wish i could meet some of your new friends! mom, you look absolutely beautiful...and dad you are handsome!

Jan and Larry Myers said...

Regarding your reference to you being too crazy at times, I had to wonder: "Is it possible to be too crazy as long as you're having clean fun?" In your case, Sister B, it's just adorable!! ;-)