Tuesday, June 3, 2008

An incredible day in Guyana!



Wow! Twenty one baptisms for one Saturday for 4 elders is amazing, especially when you learn that 17 of them were from one companionship, Elders Jones (on the left) and Westover (on the right), who have been in the mission field only 3 months. Elders Mundy and Willis are in the middle.

More missionary news: Elder Webb, from England, has been our zone leader since we arrived in Guyana 3 months ago. He has been our "father", or trainer, in the mission so to speak. He is being transferred to Trinidad this week for his last transfer before finishing his mission.

I feel compelled to share a few photos of his more serious side!



Naptime in Guyana



"Give me more pumpkin bread!"


"I love these boots. I know they make me look splendid!"

8 comments:

Ken Hoglund said...

What a huge difference from the Spain Las Palmas Mission eh?

Erin said...

oh my HECK! Why don't you just start another city of Enoch while you're at it? Love you guys!! -Erin

pam said...

Glad to hear you're still making the famous pumpkin bread!

melissa and nathan said...

I love reading your mission life!
Beautiful area and you seem so fun and easy going with an optimism for life!
Thanks for letting me peak in.
I love it!

Westover's said...

Thank you so much for the picture of the baptisms, my son is Elder Westover. I have been dying to see a picture from that weekend. I love your blog. Thank you for sharing your experiences with us!

Sherwood's Living the Dream said...

Just wanted you to know that your blog inspired me to start one! Thanks so much!
Seeing all that water makes me so happy to be in St. Lucia! My husband and I have been serving as senior missionaries for just over a year. We will probably never have the chance to meet you, but I feel like we know you because of your blog! Thanks for letting us get a glimpse of Guyana!

Jason and Diana said...

i love you.

Anonymous said...

You two look very happy serving your mission together! We found you through another blog. It's to have run into you. Your pix make it look like it's time to build your ark! Keep up the great work!

Keith & Lindsay Klinger