Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I hate snakes!

I heard the elders yell, "Sister Bullock!"

I ran to the doorway and looked downstairs to where they were calling from and this is what I saw...
From 2009-09Snakes


You've got to know that I hate snakes. Elder Huntsman, who lives in the apartment below, loves snakes. We have had some heated discussions about whether snakes were good...or bad. I don't give in easily on this one!

This one happens to be an anaconda and he was big, black and slithery. I get the creeps just thinking about him.
From 2009-09Snakes


Elder Huntsman was determined to pick it up and play with it for a while. Check the tail of the snake. It worked it's way right into his mouth. Look how fat that guy is. I mean the snake, of course!
From 2009-09Snakes


Then, of course, Elder Barton had to get in on the act and play with it, too. I'm still shuddering as I look at these photos.
From 2009-09Snakes


Check out how long he was...I think about 12 feet long.
From 2009-09Snakes


When they had had enough fun playing with it, they pulled out a huge knife and with one wack, Elder Coronado chopped off its head...and wasted no time in getting it skinned.
From 2009-09Snakes


Notice the skinned snake is hanging from the staircase to my apartment. It was there for several hours until it began to smell! I don't know what happened to the snakeskin but I know they saved some of the snake so they could cook it and say, "I tasted anaconda!" The rest was thrown back into the trench.
From 2009-09Snakes


I learned later that the snake was acquired from another elder and had taken up residence for a while in our building before its shocking introduction to me!

1 comment:

Stan & Isabelle said...

wild story - glad you are safe! That is one large snake and not the type that we want to meet when we are at home. We pray for your safety.