Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Aren't families great?

This family is beautiful! They are the Bahadurs.


Here they are just before the baptism of the oldest son, 14 year old Jamal. All have recently been baptized except the father and the 6 year old twin boys, Jamiel and Jerice. We are expecting an announcement of the father's upcoming baptism in the very near future.

Jared is 11 and Jamacie, 12 and the only daughter, is my piano student. Her fingernails and hands are so immaculately clipped and clean that I can't stop staring at them as she tries to play her keyboard.

Elders Young and Bryan are pretty thrilled with the baptism of this great family...and so are we!


The Bethel family of 4 plus their granny, Sister Kahn, with Elders Williamson and Young. All have been baptized in the past few months. Grandpa Kahn is the only holdout!


And here is Alecia. Where is her family? Well, she hopes to have one some day, I'm sure. She is thrilled to be a new member of the church. Can't you just tell from her big smile.

I don't know this family but you can barely see 6'6" tall Elder Bryan stuffed in the corner of the tiny house that this big family shares. I can see 7 kids. One is behind the dad.

When the elders arrived, the parents pulled a few of the kids out from under whatever they are sitting on. The house has only one other room in it.

Are you thinking they need a little something, like a little more space or a few more kids?

Here's a typical neighborhood scene where all the kids are out in the dirt lane playing and most are wearing just their underwear. The two bigger boys are climbing on the horsecart that is parked there. I can't tell if the horse is standing in front of the cart. It usually is.

3 comments:

pam said...

Do your piano students have their own keyboards or do they have lessons and practice at the chruch? I have kind of gotten back into the business too as I am teaching my 2 grandsons who live here. They had a real teacher last year, but she moved, so now they have me.

Anonymous said...

elder and sister bullock, its such a neat treat for me to see you blog. i'm elder bryan's brother and love seeing some of these pictures of my brother. i just wanted to say thank you for making it possible to see him. i'm currently in iraq and so i don't see all the updates that the rest of the family might get to see. i served my mission in rio de janeiro brasil and seeing the pictures of the areas makes me miss those experiences so much. thanks you for sharing such wonderful experiences with so many. all my best to you and the missionaries you work with.

jake bryan

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love your blog. Thank you so much for posting all the pictures and information about what the missionaries are up too. Elder Bryan is my cousin and we love and miss him. We will continue to pray for everyone there! Love Brecca